My latest obsession is this heavenly orange polenta cake. If you would rather lemon to orange then just switch the oranges for lemons in the recipe but either way it’s going to be citrusy and amazing.
- 250g dairy free spread
- 350g caster sugar
- 140g polenta
- 200g plain flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 500ml of plain Alpro yoghurt
- Zest and juice of 6 small oranges
METHOD – CAKE:
- Heat oven 160/400/gas 3.
- Grease or line a round or rectangular tin.
- Cream butter and 250g of the sugar together.
- Mix in the yoghurt.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients, zest and juice of 3 of the oranges.
- Transfer to your tin and bake for about 45 minutes or until you get a clean skewer.
METHOD – DRIZZLE:
- Whilst the cake is baking put 100mls of the orange zest and juice and 100g of sugar into a saucepan. The 100 mls of zest and juice should be the leftover 3 oranges but if not then zest and juice some more!
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly and leave to simmer until you have a runny jam-like consistency.
- Remove from heat, cool quickly and place in the fridge. The longer it is left in the fridge the thicker the drizzle will be.
- Once the cake has cooled down and you’re happy with the thickness of the drizzle spoon on to the cake and enjoy!