Banana Bread is a long time favourite of mine and I must confess I find that when I make it I suddenly seem to be eating Banana Bread for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. The ingredients are for the basic cake but as with many of my recipes you can dress them up however you like. Use any nuts, seeds or fruits in the cake and on top or even add some cacao powder to the cake for a chocolate banana sponge.
- 4 very ripe bananas mashed
- 1 1/2 cups of spelt flour
- 1/2 cup of rapeseed oil
- Teaspoon of baking powder
- Teaspoon of vanilla essence
- Teaspoon of cinnamon
- Teaspoon of mixed spice
- Tablespoon of nut butter of your choice
- 1/4 cup of Demerara sugar (optional)
- Nuts, seeds, dried fruits of your choice (optional)
- In a bowl mix your bananas, oil, sugar and nut butter.
- Fold in your dry ingredients.
- Once combined gently fold in your chosen fruits, nuts, seeds etc.
- Pour into your greased loaf tin and smooth out the top.
- Sprinkle on any toppings you want – I like to do coconut flakes and a seed mix.
- Cook on 190d for roughly 45 minutes to an hour depending on your oven.
- Leave to cool once cooked then remove from the tin and slice.