I love this lemon cake! Not only is it very easy to make but it tastes absolutely lush. If you’re new to vegan baking this would be a great cake for one of your first attempts as there is no fancy ingredients or methods. Its almost as simple as chuck it all in a bowl and mix it together!
Ingredients – cake:
- 200g of self raising flour
- 160g of caster sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
- 200ml of oat/soya/rice milk
- 100ml of rapeseed/sunflower/vegetable oil
- 2-3 teaspoons of lemon juice/extract
Ingredients – lemon drizzle:
- 120g icing sugar
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1-2 lemons
- Pre heat your over to 180d/gas 4.
- Combine your dry ingredients.
- Slowly add the milk, oil and lemon.
- Mix well.
- Pour into your tin and cook for 25-30 minutes.
- Whilst the cake is baking mix your zest ingredients.
- When the cake has cooled prick all over and pour on your drizzle.